Monday, November 1, 2010

Owl Hand And Footprint

Toddler, Pre-K, K

I found this idea on DLTK's website, but it called for paper, and I am a big fan of doing hand and feet print in paint...so I adapted it.

I didn't find anyone else who used the footprint for the body--but I think it looks darling! The toes look like tail feathers, don't you think?

For this craft you will need:
  • Brown paint (washable is best)
  • Paper
  • Markers (thin if possible) in black and orange
  • An adorable foot, and two cute hands

Have your child paint and press their foot down first. I used the toes to make tail feathers, so be sure to turn your paper if necessary before you do the hands.

Have the child do both hands so you have more realistic looking feathers. Put the palm of your child's hand as close, and even overlapping some, to the heel of the footprint as possible.

Wait for the pain to dry and add your beak, eyes & claws with your markers.

Mommy Tip: as I always say add your child's name and the date! Plus, when you paint the hands and feet you will have enough for a another "pressing," so have another sheet of paper ready and make two. One to keep, and one to give away.

No comments:

Post a Comment