Friday, November 5, 2010

Wise Old Owl Puppet

(Make for--Toddler), Pre-K, K


I can't believe I didn't have any brown paper bags! But, I had white ones and brown crayons, so I improvised.

I got this puppet craft from one of my favorite kid craft sites: DLTK Kids.

You can find the pattern for each of the owl's parts on this page. But, I just free handed them, they are pretty basic.

For this craft you will need:
  • Brown paper bag (lunch size)
  • Brown, white, yellow, orange & black construction paper
  • Glue Stick
Simply add the features with your glue stick and let it dry for a few minutes. My toddler has loved watching me make the bird talk, and then he wanted a turn.

Now, you may wonder why mine doesn't look like DLTK's version. Well, I thought it looked silly just colored brown, so I cut out small "feathers" from my left over scrap paper and gave him a more 3-D look.

No comments:

Post a Comment