Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Candy Cane Painting

Toddler, Pre-K, K













This craft is perfect for small hands! They can make a huge mess and it still comes out super cute!!

To make this craft you need:
  • White heavy paper (construction should do fine, but you may want to put something under it to protect your table)
  • Red paint
  • Candy cane template
  • Tape
Draw a candy cane shape on your paper. Use your tape (I used clear tape) to cover different sections of the candy cane. These parts will be white when you are finished.

Let your child have a paintbrush and red paint and let him or her go to town!


When the paint dries pull off (which is what I did) or carefully wipe off the tape with a baby wipe (*I was scared I would get the paint wet again so I didn't try that--but trying to get the tape up wasn't exactly easy. Next time I think I will fold the ends of the tape over to make it easier to start).

Cut out the candy cane shape and "ta-da!"

If you aren't sure about drawing a shape on your own, here's a template for you:

No comments:

Post a Comment