Friday, February 11, 2011

Squeeze Me!

Toddler, Pre-K, K



Most of us crafty stay at home moms know all about DLTK kids, and if you don't go there now and check out all of their fun things!

Well, they added a new Valentine craft this year--an octopus! Another great boy friendly Valentine idea!

Well, I love the idea, but I have to admit I wasn't a huge fan of the octopus. So, I found my own. You are welcome to use it, or the one they have on their site.

To make this craft you will need:
  • Octopus printable (mine or theirs)
  • Crayons/markers
  • Construction paper (scrap will do fine, you just need a little)
  • Permanent marker
  • Glue stick
If you print out my octopus, you will just need your child to color him/her. I put mine on a piece of blue construction paper to make it look like it was in the ocean--but that is optional. If you use their printout--you will need to assemble your octopus.

Once you have assembled, or colored, cut out 8 small paper hearts. (If you use their template, it is provided in the printout). Write the letters I, L, O, V, E, Y, O, U--one on each heart. There are 8 letters to spell "I Love You" and the octopus has 8 tentacles.

How cute!!

No comments:

Post a Comment