Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Groundhog Hand & Foot Print Craft

Toddler, Pre-K, K

You know, I couldn't find a single hand or foot or even thumb print idea for Groundhog days--and you know I love to do those (my toddler does too!). So, I made up my own, and I think it turned out super cute!

To make this craft you will need:
  • Construction paper
  • Brown paint
  • Green paint
  • Permanent marker
  • 1 cute foot
  • 1 cute hand
Paint your child's foot brown and have him stamp it on the paper. After you clean him or her up. Paint one of their hands green and have them stamp several prints along the the bottom of the footprint (at the toes). Now you see the groundhog in the grass.

Once the paint has dried, use a permanent marker to fill in the face and body lines.

6 comments:

  1. In love with this craft. Adorable! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS. I linked your craft to a recent Groundhog post I wrote...Thanks! (www.carrotsareorange.com)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My kids had SO much fun making this! Thank you for sharing! I blogged about it and linked back to this post here http://theeducatorsspinonit.blogspot.com/2012/01/tot-school-ground-hog-day-ideas.html. Kim pinned your activity to our winter board, which is how I found it. My mother-in-law thought this was the cutest ever! http://pinterest.com/educatorsspinon/winter-projects-to-make-and-do/

    ReplyDelete
  4. So creative! I can't wait to try this with my kids. Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this! Definitely doing it tomorrow! Thanks for the great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a fab idea that I had to share it on my Facebook Page! Come on over and see ... www.facebook.com/EducationalCreations !!

    ReplyDelete