Thursday, March 24, 2011

Mommy Crafts A....

Time Out Mat



I found the idea for the mat on one of my craft blogs, and they used a dollar store mat and fabric paint to paint the words "Time Out."

I love the idea of a mat, because you can take it with you. We have a 2-level house, and while having the same spot is a great idea, that can be tricky with a tantrum-ed toddler. So, the idea of having a portable "spot" sounds great to me. But, the idea of a plain old mat didn't (you know me).

So, hey, I have all of these left over spit rags (cloth diapers) sitting around, and they are the perfect size for a two yer old tooshy. And, my mother gave me a fabric clock years ago that she found somewhere, that you stuff and sew to help kids learn time. Perfect!

Now, if you are thinking that I wasted the time telling clock, you are wrong. What is perfect is I can hang this up after the "time out years" and we can use it as a clock. I simply glued the felt piece that says "Time Out Thomas" on it to the clock as well as the felt hand pointing to the 2 (you should give your child one minute in time out per year he/she is old), but I didn't heat set it--so it will come off with a wash in the machine.

1 comment:

  1. Just wanted you to know that I just found your blog and I LOVE IT! I am a stay at home mother of 2 little toddlers and am always looking for new ideas for things to do. This is great! I love how you emphasize playing/doing this with the kids. I am so excited to follow you! THANK YOU FOR SHARING!

    ReplyDelete