Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Measuring Up

Toddler, Pre-K, K, 6 & Up

Another fun way to talk about growing bodies is to measure them!

I thought of a neat way for every member of our family to record our height, and to let the kids participate and compare each member.

First, I made a sheet of paw prints and I cut them out and taped them to the inside of a door from top to bottom. Then, I created a record sheet and we took turns standing at the door and letting our oldest child count the paw prints for each person. (We even added a space for Thomas' stuffed dog.)

Now, I could share a template for this activity, but your family would be different than mine as far as members, so use my idea and make your own chart. You can use just a plain old measuring tape and record everyone on a sheet of paper, or get elaborate and use a pattern like I did and make your own chart.

No comments:

Post a Comment